|Photo and caption by: The Panama Canal Company - Graphics Branch
One of the four major health centers in the Canal Zone, Gorgas Hospital, named after its founder, Colonel William Crawford Gorgas, has been in operation since the early 1900's. A recent addition has been added to the historic and beautiful hospital that sits at the base of Ancon Hill. Its staff provides care to the Armed Forces and civilian in the Canal Zone.
Note that this photo was taken before the "earth quake" protection was installed.
Click anywhere in image to return to the 1960's Photo Album.
|Reverse||Photo Album Navigation||Forward|
|Select arrow for image selection|